Vacancy for Sri Lanka Insurance
Post Of - Legal Officer
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling and instructing on work relating to court cases under minimum supervision
- Appearance in courts on a regular basis.
- Preparation of various commercial and conveyancing agreements.
- Provide legal advice pertaining to both Life and General insurance issues.
- Liaise with external counsels and panel lawyers.
- Represent the Legal Department at various forums.
- Supervise and coordinate work-related activities of subordinates.
Qualification and Experience
- An Attorney-at-low preferably with an LLB Degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 03 years post-qualifying experience in court work and notarial practice.
Knowledge and skills Required
- Sound knowledge of commercial agreement drafting.
- Aware of the various administrative procedures relevant to insurance industry.
- Ability to operate well with corporate professionals.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to cope with multiple activities and deadlines.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge in Sinhala/Tamil.
- Computer literate.
- Age below 35 years.